- Names of the bride and groom
- Names of the host(s) - traditionally this is the parents of the bride but more and more frequently it can be the bride and groom or the parents of the groom as well. No one sticks to tradition anymore ;)
- Ceremony date, date of week, time, location
- Women who are widowed should be addressed according to their late husband's name with Mrs. in the title (i.e. Mrs. Richard Davis)
- The word "and" implies those two people are married. If hosts or guests are unmarried their names should be stacked
- The phrase "request the honor of your presence" is typically reserved for a church service or place of worship
- If the wedding ceremony and reception are being hosted at the same place, a reception card is not necessary. At the bottom of the invitation you can state "reception to follow" or "dinner and dancing to follow"
- Do not use abbreviations wherever possible. If it is necessary, keep it consistent across entire collection